Tuesday, June 16, 2009 Explosions Are Fun!
I spent 30-40 minutes creating an explosion today. I've got 20 or so in my library, but I like to try and create new sounds by layering exisiting sounds.
This particular explosion involves a combination of about 8 different explosions. The initial impact of 3 or 4, the after shock of another 2 and two more that I only use the "debris" sounds from.
I couldn't quite find the sounds of brick and stone settling in any of the explosion files, so I used a combination of 8-10 individual "falling rocks" and some processed cauliflower being crunched up. Yeah, I know, it sounds weird to describe it, but it turned out really sweet! I can't wait for you all to hear it!