Friday, March 12, 2010 Momentum For Soldiers
It's been a great week for building momentum on the remix of "Soldiers". The first half of the week was spent finding a new free vocoder (my old one broke when I updated it). After two frustrating days I found one that I like and spent most of yesterday recording the phrases of Soldiers that I will use the vocoder for.
For those in the dark, you might remember that I used a vocoder in the song "Necromancy" (from "Dark Ritual") to create that low robotic sounding voice. I will be using a similar effect in the remix for Soldiers and I'm very excited about how things are sounding so far!
The bulk of tough creative work seems to be finished on this song, and so I'm excited at this point to be mixing the song together from start to finish with no further troubleshooting anticipated. It's possible that I could finish sometime next week, but we'll have to wait and see!